PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given that sealed bids will be received by the Ringwood Board of Education, in the County of Passaic, for the furnishing of the hereinafter described labor, material and equipment for Asbestos Abatement in the Martin J. Ryerson Middle School 130 Valley Road Ringwood, NJ 07456, 1st floor classrooms #107, 107A, 109, 110, and Rooftop HVAC Room (All non-occupied Sub-8 Status),
(hereinafter, the "Project") and opened and read in public on April 4, 2023 at 10:00 AM at the Ringwood Board of Education Offices, 121 Carletondale Rd., Ringwood New Jersey 07456. Abatement work is currently scheduled to occur during the period June 19, 2023 through June 23, 2023.
Bidding Documents/Project Specifications prepared by Garden State Environmental. Inc. /Omega Environmental Services are available in electronic version only by contacting Mr. Robert R. Brown at 973-962-7029 or firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting an email copy.
All bids must conform to the Project Specifications. Bids must be made on the standard bid forms in the manner designated by the Project Specifications. Bids must be enclosed in sealed envelopes bearing the name and address of the bidder as well as the name of the project being bid on addressed to Owner and should be delivered in person to the Owner. Owner will not be responsible for bids sent by mail or delivery service.
Any questions or request of observing the work sites can be directed to Director of Buildings and Grounds, Steve Evans EvansS@njrps.org.
Each bid shall be accompanied by the following:
- Guarantee payable to the Borough of Ringwood Board of Education that bidder, if the Contract is awarded to him, will enter into a contract therefore. Guarantee shall be in the amount of 10% of the bid, but not in excess of $20,000.00 and may be in the form of certified check, cashier's check or bid bond, as per N.J.S.A. 18A:18A-25.
- Certificate from a surety company stating that it will provide the bidder with a bond in such sum and form as is required in the Specifications.
- Affidavit showing Notice of Classification in accordance with the standards of and by the New Jersey Department of the Treasury, Division of Property Management and Construction, for bids $20,000 and over, for prime bidders and all subcontractors, prior to the date that bids are received.
- A statement setting forth the names and addresses of all stockholders owning 10% or more of the stock in the case of a corporation, or 10% or greater interest in the case of a partnership, or acknowledgment that no person or entity has 10% or greater proprietary interest in the Bidder.
Bidders are notified as follows:
- Addendum may be issued by the Owner in accordance with the Project Manual up to seven (7) business days prior to receipt of bids.
- No bid may be withdrawn after the date of receipt.
Bidders are notified that they must comply with the provisions of N.J.S.A. 34:11-56.37 and 34:11-56.38 et. seq. (Wages on Public Works) and that the contract to be awarded in the case shall contain a stipulation that the wage rate must be paid to workmen employed in the performance of the contracts shall not be less than the prevailing wage rate as determined by the Commissioner of the Department of Labor and Industry of the State of New Jersey.
Bidders are further notified that the Project shall be further governed by a Project Labor Agreement (PLA) and Schedule "A" (collective bargaining agreements). Bidders are assumed to have full knowledge of the PLA and Schedule "A" (collective bargaining agreements) which comprise the applicable trades for the Project (see Project Manual).
Bidders are notified that they must comply with the provisions of P.L. 1999, c.238 (The Public Works Contractor Registration Act), which became effective on April 11, 2000, and P.L. 2004, c.57 (Business Registration of Public Contractors) which became effective on September 1, 2004.
Bidders are notified that they must comply with the provisions of N.J.S.A. 52:31-1 to 52:33-4, the statutes on the use of domestic materials on public work.
Bidders are put on notice that the Owner is an exempt organization under the provisions of the New Jersey State Sales and Use Tax (N.J.S.A. 54:32B-1 et. seq.) and is not required to pay sales tax.
Bidders are put on notice that they are required to comply with all rules and regulations and orders promulgated by the State Treasurer pursuant to N.J.S.A. 10:5-31 et. Seq. and with all provisions of N.J.S.A. 10:2-1 through 10:2-4 (Affirmative Action), and N.J.A.C. 17:27.
The Owner reserves the right to consider the bids for sixty (60) days after receipt thereof, and further reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to waive any informalities or immaterial defects in any bid or bids, and to make such awards as may be in the best interest of the Owner pursuant to N.J.S.A. 18A:18A